It’s easy to get caught up with your long term powerlifting goals.
Squatting 500 lbs
But if you’re not within striking distance of those goals, spending any significant amount of mental energy on them is a waste of time, in my opinion.
Instead, I’d propose putting your efforts into “the next step”.
If you’re at a 400 squat right now and have 500 as a goal, focus on the processes that are going to get you to 405 in the next few week or month.
- Being consistent with your recovery modalities (mobility work, sleep, nutrition, stress management)
- Isolating weak points in your technique and consciously working on them in each session.
- Vision setting – write down your objectives on paper before each session to create a deliberate practice plan
- Filming your lifts to gauge technical proficiency
- Having a periodized training program
In theory, getting stronger is simple… It’s just a good process+time+consistency.
3. Apply to join my “Momentum Program” and become a case study. We’ll work with you 1-on-1 (in-person or online, depending on location) to consistently increase your PRs.
It takes less than 60 seconds to apply HERE in order to find out more information and see if you’d be a good fit.