Every couple of months, I like to conduct a live Q+A session where I can help out powerlifters outside of Vancouver, BC with their training.
We also gave away a free powerlifting program (Password is “StartingPL”)
In this month’s Q+A, we covered the following topics (timestamped):
- 0:50 – should you do sumo deadlifts? How to choose between sumo deadlifts and conventional deadlifts.
- 2:45 – how to switch from conventional deadlift to sumo deadlifts without getting injured
- 3:43 – how to write a strength block for powerlifting. How long to make a strength block for powerlifting
- 10:30 – developing shoulder strength for bench press
- 12:45 – how to cut 15lbs in one week for a powerlifting meet (water cut, etc)
- 18:24 – training for powerlifting as a masters lifter
- 24:20 – how to recover from a back injury caused by deadlifts and continue to train for powerlifting
- 29:47 – eating enough food for powerlifting with a busy schedule
- 36:00 – why you should skip a day of training to make better gains in your powerlifting training
- 37:15 – how to address misalignment and asymmetry of the hips in powerlifting/single leg training
- 41:20 – getting light-headed from squats. How to to deal with feeling dizzy when lifting heavy.
PS – Here’s 3 ways I can help you in your lifting:
1. Follow me on Instagram (@strongeryoupt) where you can find even more lifting tutorials, and content around becoming the strongest lifter you can be.
2. Get a free copy of my “StrongerYou Strength Programs” HERE using password “StartingPL”
3. Join the “Momentum Program” and become a case study. I’ll work with you 1-on-1 to develop a customized coaching strategy, get rid of your current pains and consistently add pounds to the bar. Just put the word “COACHING” into an message here and I’ll get in touch to see if you’d be a good fit.