- Include single leg training twice per week.
- Use a tripod foot. Maintain 3 points of contact throughout the lift.
- Use reps to build strength and singles to showcase it.
- Box Squats and Squat to Box are 2 effective exercises at building depth, technique, and hip strength, even if you don’t compete equipped.
- Have at least one day per week where you train a hip hinge such as an RDL, or even conventional deadlift.
- If you compete in a low bar position, use high bar and safety squat bar squats to build up your quads in your higher volume phases of training.
- If you have a sticking point just outside of the hole, pause above parallel instead of in the hole
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you to overcome your training obstacles and put up PR totals:
1. Join my “Powerlifting Unlimited” Facebook Group where you can find even more lifting tutorials, and content around becoming the strongest lifter you can be.
2. Get a free copy of my “StrongerYou Strength Programs” HERE using password “StartingPL”
3. Join the “Momentum Program” and become a case study. I’ll work with you 1-on-1 to develop a customized coaching strategy, get rid of your current pains and consistently add pounds to the bar. Just put the word “COACHING” into an message here and I’ll get in touch to see if you’d be a good fit.